by Amber Henson, on Mar 18, 2020
Thank you for visiting our page and being a vigilant member of the public. By making sure that we all take measures to protect ourselves from COVID-19 (coronavirus) as much as possible, we are helping protect all community members.
If you are new to our company and are considering speaking with us about a possible prosthetic device, please read on. If you are already a patient of ours, or you work with us in another capacity, please click here to be taken to the relevant section of this article.
For those who are new to us, welcome to our site! We're excited to be a part of your prosthetic device learning process.
We offer complimentary video consultations for all interested parties. This is a service that we have been offering for some time, so that all potential patients can get to know us and decide if they'd like to continue with us, especially those patients who may need to travel to visit one of our Centers.
Please don't hesitate to use the form at the bottom of this page to reach out to us with your interest in a video consultation.
Current Arm Dynamics Patients and Partners
For those of you who are already a part of the Arm Dynamics family, we'd like to update you on the measures we began taking starting in February, 2020. When it became clear the virus was spreading, we immediately took action to provide a safe environment for our patients and our team. These actions included, but were not limited to:
- Taking preventive measures recommended by the CDC, including washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoiding contact with anyone who is symptomatic or sick, and staying home if not feeling well
As the situation is now rapidly evolving, we have made additional adjustments, which include:
- Eliminating non-essential employee travel
- Limiting non-essential, non-patient care related visits to our Centers
- Offering the option of video conferences/virtual meetings, when appropriate
- Temporarily removing common-use items from the Centers (toys, magazines, mugs, glassware) and increasing frequency of cleaning patient care areas and items that may be touched by more than one patient, such as clipboards
- Practicing social distancing when possible
- Providing hand sanitizer throughout our Centers, in addition to our already-present hand washing stations in each patient room
- Communicating with patients to reschedule an appointment if they have tested positive for COVID-19, have a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, have traveled to or had close contact with someone who has traveled to high risk countries, or has had contact with someone who has tested positive for or been exposed to COVID-19
- Contacting other members of your care team to advise them of these changes
As for our manufacturing partners, we appreciate your cooperation in the following changes we’ve made, effective immediately:
- Our Centers will not be accepting unscheduled visits
- We will not be scheduling in-person technical or sales calls until further notice. However, virtual or video conferencing options may be available and we encourage those interactions.
What we are asking those who do need to visit us:
While we have historically encouraged family and friends to attend appointments, during this time we request that you refrain from bringing children to the Center, and if necessary, only bring in one healthy adult to accompany you who has none of the risk factors listed above.
If you have an appointment and you have a fever, cough and/or difficulty breathing, or have been exposed to anyone with the risk factors outlined above, please contact your Center using the contact information provided to you to either reschedule your appointment or arrange for a video consultation.
Please keep in mind that the recommendations for businesses are different state to state and are constantly changing — if any of the above changes, please refer back to this page, as we will do our best make any necessary updates in this article.
Together we are confident that we will make it through these challenging times by taking appropriate precautions to protect our patients, our partners, our team and all of their families.
For more information, see related articles and our most popular articles here: